Table of Contents
- Why is my Viper alarm silent?
- How do I reset my Viper alarm?
- Where is the Viper valet switch located?
- How do I get my car alarm out of valet mode?
- What is the valet button on a Viper remote?
- How do you reset an aftermarket car alarm after replacing the battery?
- How do I reset my car alarm after changing the battery?
- How do I resync my Viper remote start?
- How do I turn on valet mode?
- What is valet mode?
- Why does my car alarm beep 4 times?
- How do I permanently disable my Viper car alarm?
- How do I program my Viper 7146v remote?
- How do I reconnect my Viper remote?
- How do you change the battery in a Viper remote?
- How do I set up Viper Smart Start app?
- What is Viper alarm valet mode?
- How do I get my Toyota out of valet mode?
Turn on the active arming feature of your Viper car alarm using the alarm remote control. Press and hold the lit icon on your remote that resembles a closed padlock for about one second until the alarm makes the sound of a siren.
How do I get my Viper alarm out of valet mode?
After removing the key, immediately press and release the valet switch 1 time. The LED on the dash should illuminate solid at this time, indicating that the system is in valet mode. To exit valet mode, simply repeat the process.
Why is my Viper alarm not working?
If you have just changed the battery in your Viper alarm and it is not working, there are a few things that might be wrong with it. The best way to fix this is to contact your car’s dealer or the original installer of your alarm if you are not sure where to start.
How do I know if my Viper alarm is in valet mode?
Check Description 4 update! Enable & disable Valet Mode Viper Remote …
Why is my Viper alarm silent?
What happened? You have inadvertently entered “valet mode”. Valet mode temporarily overrides all alarm functions. To exit this mode and allow the chirps to start working again please refer to the Directed Support Remote Guide.
How do I reset my Viper alarm?
If you want to reset your Viper alarm, you can do so with your car’s fob key.
- Point the fob key toward your vehicle as the alarm sounds.
- Listen and wait for your alarm to sound for six seconds. Press the lock button on your key. Your vehicle’s Viper alarm will reset but the alarm will still be armed.
Where is the Viper valet switch located?
Typical locations for valet switch: Under the driver’s side dash (mounted in the under-dash covering trim panel or wire-tied to a harness) Mounted in the driver’s side kick panel. Mounted in the steering column plastic housing.
How do I get my car alarm out of valet mode?
How to Exit Valet Mode | Remote Start Basics & Installation
What is the valet button on a Viper remote?
The valet button or switch permits the owner to temporarily bypass the alarm functionality of the system. To enter or exit valet mode, disarm the system with a working transmitter, your personalized manual override code, or using the procedure below which is to enter or exit valet mode.
How do you reset an aftermarket car alarm after replacing the battery?
First, use the keys of your car to turn it to the ‘ignition on position. Since the alarm is active, turning the key won’t start your vehicle, but you still need to keep the keys in an on position to use the valet switch. Now, you can turn on your valet switch, and it will immediately deactivate the car’s alarm system.
How do I reset my car alarm after changing the battery?
If this doesn’t stop the alarm, turn on your car and turn the dashboard lights on and off a few times without revving up the engine. If you’re still having trouble with the alarm, disconnecting your car’s battery may be the next best option. This will both silence the alarm and reset it—or at least it should.
How do I resync my Viper remote start?
Viper Support Center
- Leave the vehicle door open while pairing.
- Use the vehicle key in the ignition and turn it to the on position.
- Find the antennae button.
- Press and release the button, then hold it.
- Press lock when ready to begin pairing.
- The final step is to test the setup is working properly.
How do I turn on valet mode?
How to Enter “Valet Mode” Turn the vehicle key in the ignition to the ‘On’ position. Press and release the lock button and the trunk button simultaneously (buttons I & III). Holding the buttons for over .
What is valet mode?
Valet mode allows the vehicle to be driven and locked by a parking attendant, without giving access to the loadspace. Valet mode also prevents operation of the Touch screen, to prevent access to telephone numbers or navigation addresses.
Why does my car alarm beep 4 times?
4 beeps means “something is still open“… like a door or an engine lid or hood. All shut of course. Once in a while it only beeps once as it should. ..but then the alarm will usually go off randomly.
How do I permanently disable my Viper car alarm?
Insert your key into the ignition, and turn it to the “On” position; this will work with most Viper models. Disconnect the wire on the alarm system from the car’s power source inside the hood to shut off the system completely.
How do I program my Viper 7146v remote?
How to program viper remote
How do I reconnect my Viper remote?
Pairing a Viper 2-way remote.
How do you change the battery in a Viper remote?
Simply match the model number of the battery at your local drug store and replace. On newer remotes there is no screw, there is a small notch in the seam of the two halves of the remote, usually towards the bottom of the remote. Take a flat blade screwdriver and gently pry the two halves apart using this notch.
How do I set up Viper Smart Start app?
Follow these three simple steps to get Viper SmartStart:
- Download the free Viper SmartStart app.
- Get a SmartStart system installed in your vehicle.
- Set up your account, and start using your SmartStart system.
What is Viper alarm valet mode?
What is Valet Mode? We all need to let other people operate our vehicle at some point or another. Whether it’s a valet at a restaurant or a mechanic at your local garage. With valet mode, you can disarm your alarm and hand the keys over without the worries of handing over your alarm system.
How do I get my Toyota out of valet mode?
Ignition On 5 times to exit valet mode