Table of Contents
- What are the most important features to look for in a Motherboard for RTX 3080?
- Top 7 Best Motherboards for the RTX 3080[+]
- Things You Should Know More About Motherboards[+]
- 1. What is the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
- 2. What are the features of the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
- 3. How do I choose the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
- 4. How do I install the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
- 5. What are the dimensions of the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
- 6. What is the price range of the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
- 7. Where can I find the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
- Related posts
The RTX 3080 is one of the newest RTX cards that Nvidia has put out. The performance of the RTX is much better than that of the last generation, and it blows the RTX 2080Ti out of the water. But to pair the RTX 3080, you will need a great system. The RTX 3080 used the PCIe Gen 4.0 link, which made it even faster to send data. So, we’ve found the best motherboards on the market to go with your new RTX 3080 GPU. We have both Intel and AMD boards here because we don’t want to leave out the older Motherboards. Here is a list of the best motherboards to use with your RTX 3080.
What are the most important features to look for in a Motherboard for RTX 3080?
It would be best if you had a good motherboard to get the most out of your RTX 3080. When looking for a motherboard for your RTX 3080, here are some things to look for:
- Socket type: Make sure your motherboard has an LGA 1200 socket for sockets. This type of socket is used by the RTX 3080.
- Chipset: The chipset is important for the RTX 3080 to work with. Choose a motherboard with a Z490 or B460 chipset for the best results.
- Memory support: Look for a motherboard that works with memory modules that are DDR4 3200MHz or higher. This will ensure that the RTX 3080 works well with everything and runs at its best.
- PCIe 4.0 support: To get the most out of the RTX 3080, choose a motherboard that supports PCIe 4.0. This will ensure you can use the RTX 3080 to its full bandwidth.
- RGB lighting: Look for a motherboard with built-in RGB lighting if you want to add style to your build. This will let you change the lighting on your system and give it a unique look.
- Overclocking: If you want to overclock your RTX 3080, ensure the motherboard you choose supports this. Not all motherboards do, so it’s important to check before you buy.
If you think about these things, you should be able to find a great motherboard for your RTX 3080. Before making your final choice, make sure to do your research and read reviews.
You may also like: Do Motherboards Come With Screws?
Top 7 Best Motherboards for the RTX 3080
ROG Strix B365-G Gaming
TODAY’S BEST DEALS: View at Amazon
- READY FOR 9TH/8TH GEN INTEL CORE DESKTOP PROCESSORS – The ROG Strix B365-G Gaming motherboard supports the latest Intel Core processors in the LGA1151 socket.
- DUAL CHANNEL NON-ECC UN-BUFFERED DDR4 MEMORY SLOTS – Supports up to 64GB of DDR4 memory for faster and more reliable performance.
- GAMING CONNECTIVITY – Features dual onboard M. 2 slots with Intel Optane Memory Ready, USB 3. 1 Gen 2 Type-A connectors, DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI ports for a range of gaming connections.
- GAMING NETWORKING – Powered by an Intel Gigabit Ethernet controller
So, this is the B365 chipset, which is a bit better than the B360 chipset. It gives the system more lanes, which makes it easier to grow. Even though it is old, the ROG Strix B365 is one of the most stable older motherboards that can handle the RTX 3080. On top of that, it looks better than any other motherboard on the market.
The RTX 3080 works well with the ROG Strix B365-G Gaming motherboard. It’s not as good as the Z390 motherboard, which came after it, but it still packs a punch. The board has two PCIe 16 slots; the top only supports full x16 lanes. The RTX 3080 is fully compatible with the speeds of PCIe Gen 3.0. Even though the GPU uses up all of the bandwidth of the motherboard, it can still run smoothly. You get a PCIe slot with a shield to make it more stable.
The motherboard looks aren’t great, but it has the high-end Asus treatment. The VRMs are top-notch and can work with the best Core i7 processor from the 9th generation. The ROG Strix B365-G can only handle 64GB of memory, which is a small drawback. The motherboard can handle a system memory speed of up to 2666MHz. Like all motherboards, it only comes with two M.2 keys, one PCIe and the other SATA. There are enough SATA ports (6 of them) to add more storage. The Gigabit Ethernet port is great for faster communication, but it doesn’t have WiFi, which makes the price a little high. But all in all, the board is a great find for the RTX 3080 graphics card.
Asus TUF Gaming B460-Pro
TODAY’S BEST DEALS: View at Amazon
- GET READY FOR 10TH-GEN INTEL CORE PROCESSORS – The ASUS TUF Gaming B460-PRO motherboard has an Intel LGA 1200 socket and is ready for the latest 10th Gen Intel Core processors.
- COMPREHENSIVE COOLING – Keep your system running smoothly with comprehensive cooling that includes a VRM heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, and PCH heatsink.
- GAMING-READY NETWORKING – Enjoy smooth online gaming with Intel WiFi 6 802. 11ax, Intel 1Gb Lan, and TUF LANGuard technology.
- AURA SYNC RGB LIGHTING – Create synchronized effects across a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear with addressable gen 2 RGB
Compared to the Z490 series motherboard, the B460 motherboard is the second best. The Asus TUF Gaming B460 motherboard is a great addition to the family of B460 motherboards. It works with the latest Intel 10th-generation processor and the upcoming 11th-generation Intel Core processor. The RTX 3080 goes well with the Asus TUF Gaming B460-Pro. It’s cheap and looks good for how simple it is.
The motherboard has two PCIe X16 slots that can add more hardware. The top slot is for x16 PCIe lanes and has the right shielding, but the bottom slot is only for x8 PCIe lanes. So it looks like the RTX 3080 goes in the top slot of the Asus TUF Gaming B460 Pro Motherboard. Thanks to a well-thought-out PCB, Asus’s design is very clever. Also, the GPU will work well with the CPU’s performance. When it comes to games, 10th Generation processors are pretty good.
The 10th and 11th generation CPUs can fit into the LGA 1200 socket on the motherboard. The Core i7 will work fine on the Asus TUF Gaming B460, but the Core i9 won’t be able to do as much. It can use 128GB of 2933 MHz system memory—enough quality for upgrades in the future. One M.2 PCIe key and one M.2 SATA key are present. It has six SATA ports, which is enough for storage upgrades. The only way to connect to the motherboard is through a Gigabyte LAN port, but the WiFi 6 version is better. Asus has always been a platform for enthusiasts, but the BIOS is easy to use and understand. The Asus Team deserves a lot of credit.
ASRock B450M Pro4
TODAY’S BEST DEALS: View at Amazon
- GOOD FOR RTX 3080 – The B450M Pro4 is a great foundation for your next build, with support for AMD Ryzen processors and 7th Gen A-series / Athlon processors.
- DDR4 3200+ (OC) – An advanced specification memory controller integrated with the processor supports DDR4 memory modules up to 3200+ (OC) MHz. It delivers higher transfer speeds at lower power consumption.
- HDMI/DVI/D-SUB – Enjoy true HD display capability using the most popular interfaces on the market.
- 4 SATA3, 1 ULTRA M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 (SATA3) – 6x faster than SATA
ASRock makes one of the best MATX motherboards that don’t get enough attention. It not only has a great set of internals, but it also works with the new RTX 3080. It works with the Ryzen 3000 series processors that are out now. Still up in the air is whether or not to support the latest Ryzen processor. But AsRock said that the B450M Pro4 would be able to work with the new Ryzen processor. So this is good news for all the fans out there.
The AsRock B450M Pro4 has 2 x PCIe X16 lanes, which makes it possible to add more expansion slots. The motherboard supports the RTX 3080. But for stability, there won’t be any shielded slots. As for the RTX 3080, you can only use its full capabilities in a single x16 slot. Not only that, but the first x16 communicates directly with the CPU, which is a great way for the CPU and GPU to talk to each other.
The VRMs on the motherboard are good enough for the Ryzen 9 3900X. The AsRock B450M Pro4 can work with up to 3200 MHz of 128GB of system memory. It has an M.2 SATA key and a single M.2 PCIe SATA key. Even though the AsRock B450M Pro 4 only has 4 x SATA ports for storage, it can be set up in RAID. It has one Gigabit Ethernet port, which is good enough for communication. The BIOS on the motherboard is great for fine-tuning the system and a little overclocking. The BIOS is easy to use, even for people who have never used a computer.
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
TODAY’S BEST DEALS: View at Amazon
- SUPPORTS 9TH AND 8TH GEN INTEL CORE PROCESSORS – GIGABYTE GAMING motherboards are ready to support 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors, delivering the best gaming experience with up to six cores.
- DUAL CHANNEL NON-ECC UNBUFFERED DDR4, 4 DIMMs – Supports up to 64GB of memory with a bandwidth of up to 4400MHz.
- NEW 10 PLUS 2 PHASES DIGITAL PWM DESIGN – Achieves better power efficiency and stability for more reliable overclocking.
Such cheap boards like the Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard make up the budget end of the Z390 range. The Z390 chipset is old and last-generation, but that doesn’t mean it’s not good. Intel’s 9th-generation and 8th-generation processors are great, and they can still compete with Ryzen and Intel’s 10th-generation processors, which are their best. The Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X is an inexpensive motherboard that works well with the RTX 3080.
The motherboard is a full ATX size and has a 10+2 power phase design that is very strong. This is a great addition if you want to fit a Core i9 9900K. The Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X has a slot that works with PCIe Gen 3.0. The RTX 3080 will work well with the motherboard, and with its single-core clock, Intel does have more power. The Z390 Gaming X has 2 x PCIe x16 slots, but the top x16 PCIe lane can be used in the x16 link. So you are good to go with a single x16 slot on the motherboard.
The Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard is from the last generation, but it works with many CPUs. The motherboard can support up to 128GB of system memory, spread out over 4 DIMM slots. Its maximum speed is rated at 4266 MHz. The VRMs on the motherboard are strong, and a thick heatsink cools them. The storage options on the motherboard include 2 x M.2 Key and 6 x SATA ports. It has an Intel Gigabit Ethernet port, which is a great way to connect. The motherboard doesn’t have WiFi. It might seem weak, but it’s enough for gamers and perfectly matches the RTX 3080.
MSI Creator TRX40
TODAY’S BEST DEALS: View at Amazon
- CORE BOOST: With premium layout and fully digital power design to support more Cores and provides better performance.
- 10G SUPER LAN: next-level speed, secure networking with the fastest data throughput to improve efficiency.
- WI-FI 6: the latest wireless solution supports MU-MIMO and bss color Technology, delivering speeds up to 2400Mbps.
- LIGHTNING USB 20G: ASM3242 USB 3. 2 Gen2x2 controller offers the fastest USB speeds with stability.
- TOTAL THERMAL SOLUTION: Premium thermal design Included frozr heatsink, extended heatsink and heatpipe.
Gamers shouldn’t just use the RTX 3080. The MSI Creator TRX40 is a great motherboard for a creator who wants to use a big Ryzen Threadripper 3000 series processor. The AMD TRX40 chipset gives the system more PCIe lanes and a PCIe Gen 4.0 motherboard. You could also use the RTX 3080 in Virtual machines that run many systems for a home or office.
The MSI Creator isn’t your average motherboard. It works with powerful CPUs like the Ryzen 3960X and the Ryzen 3990X, which have 64 cores. Yes, it is made for people who want to make VMs but need more power or are looking for a large platform. The MSI Creator has a newer version of the TRX40 chipset, which supports PCIe Gen 4.0 and gives you more PCIe lanes. It can run 4 RTX 3080 at full speed at the same time. With a bigger PCIe, the motherboard can hold more components.
There are eight slots for 256GB of RAM on the Creator TRX40. The motherboard can go as fast as 3200MHz and work with both ECC and non-ECC memory. The VRMs on the board are strong, so the system will be more stable even when using a huge 64-core processor. The chipset is cooled by a system with a fan that is working. A thick heatsink cools the VRM without any power. With 3 x M.2 Key Slot and 8 x SATA ports, the storage solution is great. The storage can be set up in a RAID fashion. The 10 GbE Aquantia Ethernet port is a great addition to connecting to networks, and the 802.11ax wireless module makes it possible to connect wirelessly without any breaks. It is a custom motherboard for builders who are high-end enthusiasts.
ASRock X570 Taichi
TODAY’S BEST DEALS: View at Amazon
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound 4 & DTS Connect
- SUPPORT AMD AM4 SOCKET RYZEN 2000 AND 3000 SERIES PROCESSORS – The ultimate platform for AMD Ryzen processors supports both DDR4 and DDR3 memory. It also provides great compatibility with many devices, including USB 3.1 Gen1, USB 2.0, and SATA 6Gbps.
- INTEL WI-FI 6 802.11AX (2.4Gbps) + BT 5 – The latest Wi-Fi standard delivers speeds up to 2x faster than 802.11ac
One of the best ATX X570 motherboards on the market right now is the AsRock X570 Taichi. It looks cool and stylish, and its features, such as support for PCIe Gen 4.0, 1 GbE Ethernet, an actively cooled chipset, etc., make it a great addition to the RTX 3080. Not only that, but the AsRock BIOS is very easy to use, so even beginners can get the hang of it.
The AsRock Taichi’s VRM power phase design is strong enough to handle even the most powerful Ryzen 9 3950X. We don’t just want a good motherboard for the RTX 3080; we want a better, more stable motherboard for all the parts. In addition to the shielded PCIe slot, the PCIe 4.0 slot is a great addition. ASRock ships a Taichi motherboard with three PCIe slots and works with Nvidia SLI. The RTX 3080 doesn’t officially work with SLI, which is a huge bummer.
The AsRock X570 Taichi works with the latest AMD Ryzen 3000 series CPUs and the new AMD Ryzen CPUs that are coming out soon. The motherboard can work with up to 128GB of system memory at 4666 MHz. The more system memory you have, the more memory you can add or the more tasks you can do at once in a 3D rendering program. It has 8 x SATA ports and 3 x M.2 Keys for SSD storage. The 1 GbE LAN port isn’t the best, but it does what it needs to do. Even better, AsRock includes a WiFi 802.11ax module for better WiFi 6 connections. There are a lot of I/O ports, including a thunderbolt Type-C port and many USB ports. The overall design and quality of the visuals are a great addition to a feature already full to the brim.
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Xtreme
TODAY’S BEST DEALS: View at Amazon
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 16 Phases Infineon Digital VRM Solution with 70A PowIRstage
- Thermal Reactive Armor – Fins-Array Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe and NanoCarbon Baseplate
- Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4. 0/3. 0 x4 M. 2 with Triple Thermal Guards
- Intel WiFi 6 802. 11ax and BT 5 with 2X AORUS Antenna
The Gigabyte Aorus X570 is a great motherboard because it has many great features and supports AMD’s PCIe Gen 4.0. It is the best motherboard for the newer RTX 3080 and works well for any AMD build. The RTX 3080 is a fast card, and pairing it with the Gigabyte lets you use all of its power.
The Gigabyte Aorus X570 is a great AMD motherboard that works with the latest AMD Ryzen 2000 series, 3000 series, and next-generation Ryzen CPUs. Overclocking is possible with the motherboard to get more power out of the GPU. The X570 Xtreme board is even better now that it has a PCIe Gen 4.0 x16 slot. It will use up the RTX 3080’s speed, letting the GPU show its capability. The RTX 30 series doesn’t support SLI, but it has a lot of extra PCIe 4.0 ports. So you only need one X16 PCIe Gen 4.0 slot.
It has some strong VRM to keep the system running smoothly. The X570 Xtreme’s VRMs and chipset are passively cooled. The VRM heatsink and the chipset are joined by a single heat pipe, which helps cool them even more. The motherboard is great overall and can support up to 128GB of DDR4 4400 MHz RAM. There are three M.2 slots for SSD storage and six SATA ports for adding more storage. The motherboard has a WiFi 802.11ax module and a 10 GbE Aquantia Port for better connectivity. It works with the most up-to-date WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0. Not only that, but the black theme and little bits of RGB make the motherboard look good.
Things You Should Know More About Motherboards
So getting a motherboard for the RTX 3080 isn’t too hard. But before you buy a motherboard, you need to look at a few things. There are many motherboards on the market, each with its own platform. You won’t get the full performance of the motherboard if you buy parts at random and forcefully put them together.
There are only processors from Intel and AMD on the market. Intel is the king of single-core performance, making it a great gaming choice. Regarding gaming, the Core series processors are always better than AMD. But if you make content and do many different things at once, AMD’s Ryzen series is great because it works well with multiple cores and has a bigger cache.
Intel has between 3 and 5 chipsets for most people right now. The B460, Z390, B360, B365, H11, Z490, and so on. Intel has a good number of PCIe Lanes, but they are stuck on PCIe Gen 3.0, an older version. It’s still good enough for the RTX 3080 and won’t slow down games or tasks that use the GPU a lot.
Z490 & B460
The Z490 is the most advanced Intel motherboard chipset. It works with the latest Intel 10th-generation and 11th-generation processors that are coming out soon. The Z490 and B460 use the LGA 1200 socket, which gives the new processor more power and stability. It still uses PCIe Gen 3.0, but the next 11th-generation Intel processor should be better. Since this is not a CPU for a workstation, the number of PCIe lanes will be lower than on Ryzen Threadripper processors. Overclocking is possible on unlocked processors with the Z490 chipset. Overclocking is possible by a large margin, a great feature for enthusiasts.
The B460 is the Z490’s younger brother and has fewer features. Yes, the part about overclocking has been taken out completely, or the multiplier on the motherboard has been made very small. The motherboard doesn’t have much potential for overclocking, which is great for building a cheap or beginner PC.
Z390 & B360/B365
The Z390 is the best Intel motherboard chipset from the last generation. The top Intel processors from the 8th and 9th generations could be used with the Z390. Older processors use the LGA 1151 socket size, which is right for those processors. The top-of-the-line motherboards let the user overclock the core clock to a very high level.
The B360 motherboard is a stripped-down version of the Z390 motherboard. It has fewer PCIe lanes and can’t be overclocked. Even though enthusiasts didn’t like it, it still worked well in the entry-level system. That’s when the B365 came out, with more PCIe lanes and more room to overclock. The RTX 3080 works well with the PCIe 3.0 generation, which both the Z390 and B360 series of motherboards use.
There are a lot of AM4 socket chipsets from AMD. The Ryzen processor used the same socket, but the chipset on the motherboard was very different. The newest X570, B550, and older X470 and B450 chipsets seem to have the most power.
The best Ryzen CPU motherboards are the X570 and X470. The chipset has been improved to work better with the top-of-the-line Ryzen 3000 series processor. Users have a lot of room to overclock the X570 and X470 CPUs. Overall, though, the Ryzen CPU doesn’t do as much. Ryzen processors are known for how fast and efficient they are with multiple cores and how much more cache space they have.
The B550 and B450 are lower-end versions of the X570 and X470, which are high-end motherboards. But they have the same features as higher-end cards that support more than 24 PCIe lanes.
The new Ryzen processors will work with the B550 and X570 motherboards. A way for hardware enthusiasts to move up. Also, both the B550 and X570 motherboards have PCIe Gen 4.0. The RTX 3080 shines when PCIe Gen 4.0’s faster bandwidth is used. A great deal if you want to add new features and prepare your system for the future.
PCIe, or Peripheral Component Interconnect Express, is a way for the CPU and other system parts to talk to each other. The PCIe interface is how other parts, like the graphics card and WiFi module, talk to each other and send data. One PCIe port has the numbers 1, 4, 8, and 16.
Usually, the PCIe Gen X16 link is used by the graphics card. It is very important to get an x16 link for the GPU. PCIe Gen 3.0’s X16 link has a bandwidth of 15.75 Gbps, while PCIe Gen 4.0’s X16 link has a bandwidth of 31.5 Gbps and can do twice as much. But the RTX 3080 doesn’t fully use up the bandwidth of the PCIe link, so PCIe 3.0 is still a better choice. Usually, the top PCIe port is the only one with an X16 link, but some high-end motherboards have more x16 link PCIe slots.
The RTX 3080 is a powerful and demanding GPU, so make sure that any motherboard you choose can easily work with the GPU and all the other parts you’ll use to get a high-end performance that can’t be argued with. Depending on what you want, there are both expensive and cheap motherboard options. The cheaper motherboards don’t have PCI-e 4.0 and have fewer M.2 slots, which isn’t a big deal if you’re on a tight budget because PCI-e 4.0 isn’t used much right now, though it does work better with the RTX 3080. You can settle for less when it comes to the M.2 slots.
1. What is the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best motherboard for the RTX 3080 will vary depending on your needs and budget. However, some of the best motherboards for the RTX 3080 include the MSI Creator TRX40, Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X and ASRock B450M Pro4.
2. What are the features of the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
Some of the features of the best motherboard for the RTX 3080 include a robust cooling system, plenty of PCI-Express slots and storage options, and support for high-speed memory.
3. How do I choose the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
When choosing the best motherboard for the RTX 3080, you’ll need to consider your budget and what features are important to you.
4. How do I install the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
Refer to your motherboard’s instruction manual for detailed installation instructions.
5. What are the dimensions of the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
The dimensions of the best motherboard for the RTX 3080 vary depending on the model. However, they are typically around 12 x 10 inches.
6. What is the price range of the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
The price range for the best motherboard for the RTX 3080 varies depending on the model. However, they typically cost around $200-$300.
7. Where can I find the best motherboard for the RTX 3080?
You can find the best motherboard for the RTX 3080 at a variety of retailers, including Amazon, Newegg and Walmart.
Image Source: Amazon.com