Causes of Inability to Find Printer on Network
Disabled Windows settings. The printer has not been added to the homegroup. The printer is not connected to the network correctly. Updates are required.
Why is my printer not showing up on the network?
Make sure File and Printer Sharing and Network Discovery are enabled on the printer server or the computer where the printer is physically connected. If this feature is disabled on a printer server you’ll know fairly quickly because nobody in the office would be able to see or connect to any of the server’s printers.
How do I find a network printer in Windows 10?
To install or add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Open Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
How do I manually add a network printer in Windows 10?
Follow the steps below to add a network printer in Windows 10.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Then click to Settings.
- Then click on Devices.
- Next, select Printers & Scanners.
- Then click Add a Printer.
- Click “The printer that I want isn’t listed.” Once you select this, the “Add Printer” screen will pop up.
How do I make my network printer discoverable?
Select Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing settings. In the Advanced sharing settings dialog box, expand the Private section. Next, under Network discovery, select Turn on network discovery. Under File and printer sharing, select Turn on file and printer sharing.
How do I get my computer to recognize my wireless printer?
How to connect your printer
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.” Source: Windows Central.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Turn on the printer.
- Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Select the printer from the results.
- Click Add device.
How do I add a printer that isn’t listed?
In Control Panel, select the View Devices and Printers item. Select Add Printer at the top of the window. After the wizard started, select The printer that I want isn’t listed. Select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings, and then select Next.
How do I install a network printer?
How to connect a printer to your home network.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Double-click the Printers icon.
- Double-click the Add a printer icon.
- Click Next to start the Add a printer wizard.
- Select Network Printer and click Next.
- Type the network path for the printer.
How do I find a network printer IP address?
On Windows, you can use the Control Panel to find the printer’s IP address.
- Go to Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Find your printer in the list, click on it, and select Manage.
- Click on Printer Properties.
- In the General tab, find the Location field. Your printer’s IP address will be located in it.
How do you fix Windows Cannot connect to the printer?
What can I do if the printer is not connecting to the PC?
- Check if your printer is an Unspecified device and update the drivers.
- Uninstall and reinstall your printer.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus security software.
- Check Default printer settings.
- Perform a Windows Update.
- Clear spooler files and restart spooler service.
How do I find IP address for printer not connected?
Click on Start, then head into the Control Panel, and then into Printers. Right-click your printer and select properties. Head into the Ports tab and the first column you’ll see will display the IP address of your printer.
How do I find my host IP address Windows 10?
Windows 10: Finding the IP Address
- Open the Command Prompt. a. Click the Start icon, type command prompt into the search bar and press click the Command Prompt icon.
- Type ipconfig/all and press Enter.
- The IP Address will display along with other LAN details.