A great thing to have is an Apple TV, but you might be wondering how much you can do with it.
How many things can you do with an Apple TV? Can you go to a friend’s house with my Apple TV? Can you use an Apple TV in more than one place?
We found that you can take your Apple TV to a friend’s house and even to more than one place.
To use streaming apps on your Apple TV, all you need is a reliable internet connection. And if you have cable subscriptions anywhere, you can use an activation code to connect to them.
How Do I Set Up an Apple TV?
Now that we’ve talked about what your Apple TV can do, let’s get into how to set it up and use it.
Follow these easy steps to set up an Apple TV:
- Take the power cord from your Apple TV.
- Push the power cable into the Apple TV until you hear a click.
- Plug the other end of the power cable into an electrical outlet.
- Connect an HDMI cable to the Apple TV and the other end to your display.
- You can also connect an Ethernet cable if you want to stream over your Local Area Network (LAN).
- Choose a language with your remote.
- Choose your home country or area.
Those who own an iPhone:
- Click “Set Up on Device.”
- Bring out your iPhone and put it next to the Apple TV.
- The two devices should connect to each other and set up your Wi-Fi and iCloud account on the Apple TV automatically.
Those who lack an iPhone:
- Click “Set up by hand.”
- Choose which Wi-Fi network to use.
- Type in the password for your Wi-Fi.
- Type in the Apple ID you use.
- Choose the settings you want.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the Apple TV.
Can I Take My Apple TV to a Friend’s House?
Yes! You can go to a friend’s house with your Apple TV.
Since Apple is known for being exclusive, you might worry that you won’t be able to use your Apple TV anywhere but at home.
But don’t be afraid! You won’t have any trouble using your Apple TV at either your house or your friend’s.
You might have to set up your Apple TV channels again, especially if they have different cable subscriptions, but this should be easy.
Can You Use an Apple TV at Multiple Locations?
Yes, an Apple TV can be used in more than one place.
Even if you go to different places, you can still use your Apple TV.
As long as you’re signed in to your iTunes account and your other streaming apps’ accounts, you should be able to access the same content.
Everything will be in sync in your iTunes Cloud, so you can start watching your favorite shows right where you left off.
You won’t be able to get to the content on your computer unless you bring it with you and set up a LAN.
But if you want to bring music, you can put it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and use AirPlay to stream it to your Apple TV.
How Do I Access Cable with an Apple TV?
Streaming is great, but if you’re at a friend’s house, you might also want to watch TV on cable.
But don’t be afraid! Your Apple TV can help you organize everything.
Follow these steps to watch cable networks on an Apple TV:
- Go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Just click Accounts.
- Choose the TV service(s) that you pay for through cable.
- Open the app on your Apple TV that goes with it.
- Then, you’ll get a prompt asking if it can use your cable subscription.
- Select Allow.
- Go to the website for that network that is listed.
- Enter your activation code.
And now you should be able to use your Apple TV to watch cable!
How Do I Make an Apple TV Account Profile for My Friend?
Lastly, if you often take your Apple TV to a friend’s house, you might want to make them a profile.
This lets you customize the apps and cable subscriptions that you and your friend like to watch together.
Follow these steps to make another account profile on your Apple TV:
- Click on Settings.
- Go to the Users and Accounts page.
- Select “Add New User.”
- Type in the Apple ID of your friend.
- Your Apple TV should now have a new profile for your account.
If you want to change your account profile, you can:
- Go to the Settings on your Apple TV.
- Click on Users and Accounts from there.
- Look for Current User and click on it.
- Pick the one you’d like to use.
- Log in to that account.
And that’s all you need to know to use your Apple TV at a friend’s house!
Other Options for Apple TV
If you decide that bringing your Apple TV with you isn’t a good idea, you could connect your iPhone or iPad to any screen with the Lightning Digital AV Adaptor and an HDMI cable.
With a fast network and a lot of data, you can stream movies without sharing your MAC address or going through all the steps needed to get an Apple TV online away from home.
An Apple TV is a streaming box that lets you use streaming apps and files on your local area network (LAN).
As long as you are signed in to your iTunes account, you can use your Apple TV at a friend’s house and in other places.
Connect your Apple TV to a power source and a screen to set it up. Sign in to your Apple account, and you’re all set!
Go to Accounts and enter the activation code for your cable subscription(s) to get the cable on your Apple TV.
Go to Users and Accounts and use a friend’s Apple ID to make a second profile for your Apple TV. Then, go to Current User to switch users.
We hope that this article was helpful.